Friday 12 April 2013

Good News Girls Fridays: iii Not As You Know Them

There are some big female names out there taking over the music scene.  They have big record labels and PR teams pushing names and their brands into every marketing crevice they can find.  What is awesome is when you hear the songs you know so well totally switched up and sounding like you've never heard them before.

Here are some of my favourite bigger voices in the industry, but not like you've heard them before

Rihanna - Stay (Branchez Bootleg Remix)
I have had this on repeat since a few weeks ago when I first heard it!  It adds curve and texture to a song that is quite a downer in the original version.  I see what they were going for when the song was produced slow and simple, but it makes it quite boring and in my opinion, doesn't work for radio play.  I would happily get ready for a night out listening to the Branchez Bootleg version as it gives the song a beat that it didn't have before, whereas I might have a breakdown with Rihanna's original.

Destiny's Child - Say My Name (Cyrill Hahn)
I've had this around my ears for a couple of months and have heard it in some great places.  The New Years' Eve party I went to at The Blacksmith and the Toffee Maker pumped out some massive tunes to celebrate 2013 and this was one of them.  At the time I was one of the only people in the room who got excited at the first few beats knowing exactly what was coming up, but that's changing now.  This song is getting bigger and bigger so watch out for it.

Marina and the Diamonds - I Am Not A Robot (Clock Opera Remix)
Just love it when the chorus drops!  Its upbeat, its cute and a its soundtrack for dancing around your house when everyones out.

Gramatik ft Lauryn Hill - So Much for the Doowop (The JaneDoze)
The JaneDoze tend to deliver and this song is no exception.  I like Gramatik's So Much For Love) and everything Lauryn Hill has ever done, and this remix provides me with a funky blend of both!

Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend (Feed Me Remix)
Take a well known song, a popular radio voice, give it a bit of an electro/filthy dirty dubstep spin and I'm happy.


Carly Rae Jepson - Call Me Maybe (Grant - Give Me Scabies)
You know this song inside out, along with the rest of the planet.  Predictions on this chick: One Hit Wonder.  This remix takes one of the best known songs of 2012 and transports you to your very own desert island.  The instrumental lets you completely zone out and leave you somewhere in-between fantasy and reality.  I can't get enough of this, insert it in your eardrums ASAP.


Florence and the Machine - Shake it Out (The Weeknd Remix)
Nicely creative and easy to listen to without losing too much of the original.  I can't hear this song without hearing this remix, its still beautiful despite losing count of how many times I've listened. 


No comments:

Post a Comment