Wednesday 13 March 2013

Your Musical Interlude


Some music is presented so well, it doesn't need lyrics.  I'm a bit of a lyric ingester - I only have to hear a song a couple of times before I know the entire song.  This can be rather distracting when I'm trying to write an email to a client and absent-mindedly start quoting Blink 182 lyrics to them (not great when you're talking about a campaign and instead start mentioning how "the State looks down on sodomy").  Anyways, I digress...

Music helps people concentrate and relax (certainly me), but as suggested above, lyrics aren't always appropriate.  Here's a list of some musical numbers that I adore.

I found  this cover last year, I'm not the biggest Lana Del Ray fan (the stone throwing can begin now, but I think she's a bit overrated), but the echoey feel to this song highlights how nice the melody actually is as it all blends together.

Wow.  This song bowls me over everytime.  I first heard it on the sountrack for Friday Night Lights the film version.  I would highly recommend watching this film, the emotion that overtakes when this song plays is spell-binding and leaves me sobbing like a baby for at least 5 minutes.  Sonho Dourado is a bit "God Bless America" in parts, but that's why I like it!

This is one you may already know, but its another song from Friday Night Lights.  That film showcases some fantastic songs, this is definitely one of them.

I first heard this guy playing guitar by Camden station, and pretty much instantly fell in love.  He's got some cool stuff and playing some nice gigs around the country and small venues, add him to your list.

Welcome to your easy listening dream, sit back, relax and prepare for the least bumpy ride of your life.  This jazzy twist beat is great to get your head bopping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment